top of page


What's next?

Porthcawl Letting Agent

Honest. Personal. Professional

Avenue Property Management local letting agent Porthcawl

Tenants - what you need to know...

If you are new to renting there are some things you need to know but don't worry, we will talk you through this and all the documents you need to provide.

  • What range of services do you offer?
    We offer a range of services including finding a tenant, full property management and fully managed with rent guarantee. We can tailor our services and fees to meet your exact needs. Please contact us for more information
  • Are you a member of a professional body?
    We are members of UKALA - the UK Association of Letting Agents, and their Client Money Protection and Property Redress Scheme (PRS) scheme. We are also members of My Deposits which is a Government-approved provider for tenancy deposit protection. We are also licensed under Rent Smart Wales.
  • How much are your landlord fees?
    Our landlord rates are competitive and at the moment we are VAT Free – so no VAT on our rates. Please see our landlord fees and charges section on the website for full details.
  • Can you help me understand what I need to do to rent out my property successfully?
    Yes, we are happy to help. Please see our landlord checklist on our website but better still, pop in and see us, and we will help you to get your property ready for rent.
  • How do I know how much rent to charge?
    We have local market knowledge and based on the location, size and condition of your property we can advise you of how much we think we can rent your property for.
  • Do I have to use a letting agent?
    You certainly don’t have to. There is a lot that you need to consider as a landlord, even if you have years of experience. By selecting an agent, you should be provided with access to best practice management disciplines, kept abreast of changes to relevant legislation and be removed from the day to day detail and “hassle” of managing your property.
  • Should I let my property furnished?
    This is really your choice. In some instances, you might receive slightly more rent, but there is the potential for damage to your items, additional insurance requirements, fire and safety considerations etc. We can work with you to provide the best advice given the specific circumstances.
  • What about EPC’s, Gas certificates, Smoke alarms etc?"
    There are a number of legal requirements that you need to adhere to when renting out your property. If you do not meet these requirements you might find it difficult to recover possession of your property or even be open to civil or criminal liability.
  • What if my tenant damages the property or refuses to pay the rent?
    We will give you advice at the start of each tenancy about what you can do to safeguard your property and ensure you receive the rent. This advice includes where appropriate, having a guarantor for the rent, taking out insurance against loss of rent, requiring the tenant to have appropriate insurance, making sure that we hold a sufficient deposit from your tenant etc.
  • What if my tenant refuses to leave the property?
    There are times when you might want your tenant to leave the property, but they are unwilling to. This does not happen very often. However, if this situation does arise, it is very important that you follow the correct legal procedure otherwise you risk not being able to repossess your property or being liable to civil or criminal action. We can advise of how to deal with this situation and we have access to experienced solicitors who are able to help.
  • Do I need a tenancy agreement?
    Absolutely. Not only do you need one, you need a good one! The tenancy agreement sets out the rights and obligations of you, as the landlord, and your tenant.
  • Do I need to inform my mortgage lender?
    Yes, you should inform your mortgage lender that you intend to rent the property.
  • I own a flat, do I need to inform the freeholder?"
    Whether you need approval from a freeholder to let out a leasehold property will be determined by the lease. You should ensure you understand your lease and take legal advice where appropriate.
  • Do I need a property inventory?
    We strongly advise you to have an inventory and condition report (including photographs) of the property at the start of each tenancy. If there is a dispute about damage to the property, then the condition report will be absolutely critical.
  • Who is responsible for utility bills and council tax etc?
    Under normal circumstance the tenant will be responsible for utility bills, TV licence, council tax etc during their period of tenancy. The landlord will be liable for these costs during any period that the property is left vacant.
  • How do you ensure that you find me a good tenant?
    We will meet all potential tenants and assess their suitability for renting your property. We will also perform background checks on their financial position, employment status etc. Where we have any concerns, we will discuss them with you so that you are able to make an informed decision about whether you want to proceed.
  • Do you charge the tenant a fee for renting my property?
    New legislation is being introduced that means that neither a landlord nor their agent can charge the tenant a fee for applying to rent. AVENUE Property operates in accordance with this legislation.
  • What happens if I am unhappy with your service?
    We always welcome constructive feedback about our performance. If you are unhappy with our service we would encourage you to talk to us about it. If you want to pursue a formal complaint, then we have a published complaints management process that you can follow.

Talk to us

Avenue Property Management Porthcawl

We would love to hear from you, please get in touch with us.

Email us:

Call us on: 01656 773345

Office: 2c Well Street

Porthcawl, CF36 3BE

Office Hours:

Mon - Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat - Sun: By appointment

Avenue Property Management local letting agent Porthcawl
bottom of page