We're here to help
There is no getting away from it – being a landlord involves a lot of work. The first stages of letting a property are the busiest and potentially the most stressful.
With an abundance of things to think about, we have prepared a checklist to give landlords a firm idea of some of the things they need to know and do before opening their doors to tenants.
Keeping you compliant, up to date with legislation and safeguard your business investment
AVENUE Property understand the importance of the tenant – landlord relationship which is why we are dedicated to property management and lettings. With over 170 pieces of legislation affecting the Private Rental Sector, there’s no short cut or easy way to letting property. For this reason we invest time and money into staff training and development to help ensure that you’re kept fully compliant with the law and on going changes.
Whether you are letting for the first time or control a large portfolio, we can offer you the guidance you have been searching for. We can offer you our SIGNATURE full ‘Tenancy Management' service which includes these items listed and more:
PRE TENANCY FEES
- Full tenant referencing of prospective Tenants
- Complying with your obligations under the Deregulation Act
- Tenancy deposit registration and issuing of Prescribed Information (as part of the Deregulation Act)
- Rent collection and arrears handling
- Full and up to date record of maintenance and tenancy issues throughout tenancy term together with documentary evidence of resolution
- On-going and periodic Risk Assessment visits, aimed at complying with your obligations under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System
- End of term tenancy and dilapidation reports to include settlement of deposit allocation
There are an abundance of things to think about, which is why we have prepared a quick checklist to give landlords a firm idea of some of the things they need to know and do before opening their doors to tenants.
- Make sure the property is safe (in compliance with the HHSRS- Housing Health and Safety Rating System)
- Arrange an EPC, Gas Safety Certificate, Electrical checks/ report, Legionella Risk Assessment & PAT testing
- Give your property the right exposure
- Reference your tenants
- Create a tenancy agreement
- Check your landlord insurance
- Protect your tenants deposits
- Ensure the property is clean
- Accountability – Conduct a full and detailed inventory before commencement of tenancy
- Full selective licence applications (where applicable)
- Rent warranty and legal protection cover
Our job is to actively promote your property, creating a “buzz” and excitement, then from that momentum watch the requests to view fly in. Through process of elimination based on our understanding of you the landlord, we generate a list of ideal candidates for your property.
The point is that we aim to attract the right tenant, not necessarily the first tenant and that takes planning, regular communication and hard work because at AVENUE Property we leave nothing to chance.
Our landlord packages vary depending on the level of management you would like us undertake. We aim to make our fees competitive and as fair as possible but most of all, ‘VALUE FOR MONEY’.
Landlords register your property with us
Please use this form to send us details of your property, and we will contact you to discuss your particular requirements without obligation.
Services and fees are subject to change - so please do check. Full details terms of business